TERMS OF SERVICES
These General Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”) constitute the terms and conditions that govern the relationships between Train To Scale, LLC dba Scalability (“Scalability”), and its clients (each a “Client”) who agree to receive training
and training consulting services (the “Services”) from Scalability by entering into a Services Agreement (“Services Agreement”) with Scalability. These Terms of Service are expressly incorporated into each Services Agreement. All capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Services Agreement. By signing a Services Agreement or otherwise receiving any Services from Scalability, Client agrees to be bound by these Terms of Service.
- These General Terms of Service (“Terms of Service”) constitute the terms and conditions that govern the relationships between Train To Scale, LLC dba Scalability (“Scalability”), and its clients (each a “Client”) who agree to receive training and training consulting services (the “Services”) from Scalability by entering into a Services Agreement (“Services Agreement”) with Scalability. These Terms of Service are expressly incorporated into each Services Agreement. All capitalized terms not otherwise defined herein shall have the meaning ascribed to them in the Services Agreement. By signing a Services Agreement or otherwise receiving any Services from Scalability, Client agrees to be bound by these Terms of Service.
- Confidentiality of Client Information. In connection with the provision of the Services, Scalability may require information regarding Client, which shall be provided by Client or Client’s designated third-party representatives (“Client Information”). Except as consented to in writing by Client or as required by applicable law or court order, Scalability will maintain the confidentiality of all Client Information, and will use the Client Information for the sole purpose of providing the Services; provided, however, that no confidentiality obligations will apply to Client information that is publicly available or was rightfully obtained from a third party. Scalability agrees to control the use and disclosure of Client Information with diligence and care, and to treat the Client Information with the same level of protection as it affords its own confidential information of a similar nature. Scalability may share Client Information with its agents and representatives who reasonably need to know such information for the sole purpose of performing Scalability’s obligations under the Services Agreement.
- Work Product. Any work product created by Scalability in the course of providing the Services will be the property of Client upon full and complete payment of all outstanding balances owed to Scalability. In the event Scalability is deemed to have any right, title or interest to any work product created for and paid by Client, Scalability shall waive such right in favor of Client, and shall take all reasonable action as requested by Client to secure Client’s ownership rights.
- Default Interest Fees and Collection Costs. All fees and expenses required to be paid by Client to Scalability arising out of the Services shall be due in accordance with the payment terms agreed upon in the Services Agreement. Any fees or expenses remaining unpaid more than ten (10) days of the date when due shall bear interest at the rate of 1.5% per month or the maximum allowable interest rate, whichever is lower, until fully paid. Further, Client understands and agrees that if Client fails to pay any outstanding invoices following written notice from Scalability, Scalability may: (i) assign the outstanding balance to a collections agency; (ii) report Client’s non-payment to the credit bureaus; and/or (iii) file a civil legal action to collect the amounts owing. Client agrees to pay all costs incurred by Scalability in collecting any unpaid fees and expenses, including all collection agency fees and costs, all court costs, witness and expert witness fees, filing fees and reasonable attorneys’ fees, whether incurred prior to, during or subsequent to any mediation, arbitration, litigation, bankruptcy, receivership, liquidation, collection or appellate proceeding.
- Termination of Services. Either party may terminate the Services Agreement (a) for any reason or no reason upon at least thirty (30) days prior written notice to the other party; (b) with cause following five (5) days prior written notice to the other party regarding the other party’s uncured material breach of any covenant, obligation, representation or warranty of the Services Agreement or these Terms of Service; or (c) with cause immediately in the event of any act of fraud, gross negligence, reckless or willful misconduct, felonious conduct, or in the event the other party is insolvent or files for bankruptcy. Scalability also reserves the right to terminate the Services Agreement immediately in the event Scalability discovers information regarding Client or its agents or representatives that is counter to 4 Scalability’s business or financial interests, reputation or goodwill, in Scalability’s sole and absolute discretion. In the event of any termination, Client shall be responsible for all fees and costs incurred for Scalability’s performance of the Services up to the date of termination. The confidentiality obligations of Scalability set forth in Section 2 of these Terms of Service shall survive for a period of three (3) years after the termination of the Services Agreement or completion of the Services.
- Return or Destruction of Client Information. Upon termination of the Services Agreement for any reason, Scalability will promptly return, or, at the election of Client, destroy, all Client Information and other property of the Client, if any, then in Scalability’s possession or control. Client acknowledges and understands that Scalability’s policy is to delete, destroy or dispose of all communications and Client files and records (including but not limited to emails) that are nonessential for the on-going performance of Services after six (6) months of receipt or last use. Scalability shall have no obligation to maintain records for Client other than what is necessary to perform the Services. Notwithstanding anything else herein to the contrary, Scalability, at its sole discretion, may retain copies of its work product and supporting information for its records. Further, if Client utilizes a storage system for storing its records and data, Scalability shall not be the creator or controller of such system. Client may allow Scalability access to such storage system for purposes of providing the Services, but access and authorization to access such storage system shall revert back fully and exclusively to Client upon completion of the Services or termination of the Services Agreement.
- Limited Warranty. Scalability represents and warrants that it will perform the Services in a diligent, professional and competent manner in accordance with industry standards, utilizing personnel with a level of skill commensurate with the Services to be performed. Scalability MAKES NO OTHER REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES, AND HEREBY EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ALL IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING WARRANTIES OF ACCURACY, QUALITY, FREEDOM FROM ERROR, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. NO ORAL OR WRITTEN INFORMATION OR ADVICE GIVEN BY SCALABILITY, ITS AGENTS, OR REPRESENTATIVES SHALL CREATE A WARRANTY OR IN ANY WAY INCREASE THE SCOPE OF THE LIMITED WARRANTY PROVIDED HEREIN.
- Indemnification by Client. Except to the extent caused by the gross negligence, fraud or willful misconduct of Scalability, Client agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Scalability harmless from and against all claims, damages, causes of action, fines and penalties (collectively, “Claims”) from any third-party or governmental entity relating to, concerning or arising out of: (i) the Services or (ii) any infringement of any intellectual property or trade secrets by reason of Client Information or work product based upon such Client Information. Client agrees to assume full financial responsibility for the payment of any loss, liability or expense (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by Scalability in connection with any such Claim and the defense or settlement of any such Claim. This Section shall survive termination of the Services Agreement. Scalability may direct the defense and settlement of any such Claim with counsel of Scalability’s choosing, and Client will provide Scalability with reasonable assistance, as requested. Scalability shall not be liable for any settlement of an action effected without its written consent, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- Indemnification by Scalability. Subject to Section 10, Scalability agrees to indemnify, defend and hold Client harmless from and against all Claims from any third party or governmental entity relating to, concerning or arising out of (i) physical injury to or destruction of Client’s property during the performance of the Services by Scalability; (ii) gross negligence in Scalability’s work product; or (iii) any infringement of any intellectual property or trade secrets by Scalability during the course of performing the Services. Subject to Section 10, Scalability agrees to assume full financial responsibility for the payment of any loss, liability or expense (including but not limited to reasonable attorneys’ fees) incurred by Client in connection with any such Claim and the defense or settlement of any such Claim. This Section shall survive termination of the Services Agreement. Client may direct the defense and settlement of any such Claim with counsel of Client’s choosing, and Scalability will provide Client with reasonable assistance, as requested. Client shall not be liable for any settlement of an action effected without its written consent, which consent shall not be unreasonably withheld.
- Limitation of Liability. IN NO EVENT WILL SCALABILITY BE LIABLE TO CLIENT FOR ANY SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, INDIRECT, RELIANCE, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS), WHETHER BASED ON BREACH OF CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), OR OTHERWISE, WHETHER OR NOT Scalability HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE. MOREOVER, SCALABILITY’S TOTAL LIABILITY UNDER THE SERVICES AGREEMENT AND THESE TERMS OF SERVICE SHALL BE LIMITED TO PROVEN DIRECT DAMAGES NOT TO EXCEED THE TOTAL AMOUNT OF FEES ACTUALLY PAID BY CLIENT TO Scalability PURSUANT TO THE SERVICES AGREEMENT.
- Basis of the Bargain. The limited warranty and disclaimer, exclusive remedies, and damages cap set forth above are fundamental elements of the basis of the agreement between Scalability and Client. Scalability would not be able to provide the Services to Client on an economic basis without such limitations. Furthermore, the limitations or exclusions of warranties, remedies or liability contained in these Terms of Service shall apply only to the extent permissible under applicable law, which may vary from state to state.
- Force Majeure. If the performance of the Services or any other obligation under the Services Agreement or these Terms of Service is prevented, restricted, or interfered with by causes beyond a party’s reasonable control (“Force Majeure”), and if the party unable to carry out its obligations gives the other party prompt written notice of such event, then the obligations of the party invoking this provision shall be suspended to the extent necessary by such event. The term Force Majeure shall include, without limitation, acts of God, fire, explosion, vandalism, storm or other similar occurrences, orders or acts of military or civil authority, or by national emergencies, insurrections, riots, or wars, or strikes, lock-outs, and/or work stoppages. The excused party shall use reasonable efforts under the circumstances to avoid or remove such cause of nonperformance and shall proceed to perform with reasonable dispatch whenever such causes are removed or ceased.
- Integration and Severability. The Services Agreement and these Terms of Service represent the complete and exclusive agreement between Scalability and Client and supersedes all prior communications, whether written or oral, relating to the subject matter hereof. No amendment or modification to the Services Agreement shall be valid or binding upon the parties unless in writing and signed by each party. No course of conduct shall be deemed to constitute an amendment or modification, and no waiver shall be deemed a continuing waiver unless agreed to in writing by the party to be charged therewith. The failure of either party to enforce any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver or limitation of that party’s right to subsequently enforce and compel strict compliance with every provision of this Agreement. If any provision of the Services Agreement or these Terms of Service is determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid or incapable of being enforced, such provision shall be excluded to the extent of such invalidity or unenforceability. All other terms hereof and thereof shall remain in full force and effect.
- Successors and Assigns. This Agreement will be binding upon and inure to the benefit of the parties hereto and their respective successors and assigns. Neither Company nor Scalability may assign all or a portion of its rights and obligations here under without the prior written consent of the other party, except that Company may assign all or a portion of its rights and obligations here under to an affiliate of Company whether now existing or hereafter created (but such assignment will not relieve Company of any obligation under this Agreement). Any assignment in contravention of this provision will be void.
- Arbitration. Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to the Services Agreement or these Terms of Service, or the making, performance or interpretation thereof, other than a claim by Scalability for injunctive or equitable relief, shall be settled by arbitration administered by the American Arbitration Association in accordance with its Commercial Arbitration Rules. The arbitration shall be held in Salt Lake County, Utah. Any judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction over the subject matter of the controversy.
- Legal Disputes. In the event of any legal dispute (including arbitration) regarding the interpretation or enforcement of the Services Agreement or these Terms of Service, the prevailing party in such dispute shall be entitled to recover from the other party its costs and expenses incurred in such dispute, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, court/arbitration costs, and expert witness fees, the amount of which shall be fixed by the court/arbitrator and made a part of any judgment rendered.